A mobile hanging over a baby’s crib or diaper-changing table engages little ones with its movement, colors, and shapes. With this craft, you can create a twinkly mobile for your baby! Older kids with stars in their eyes will also love hanging this mobile in their room too!
- Printable Star Templates: 2- and 3-inch Stars | Variety of Star Sizes
- Wooden flat floral frame with eight holes around the rim, available at craft stores. Alternatively, an embroidery hoop or wire floral frame can be used.
- White 1/8-inch by 10-yard ribbon, or color of your choice
- 2 or 3 Yellow adhesive foam glitter sheets. (You will need 3 stars to make each 3D star on the mobile.)
- 2 or 3 Silver adhesive foam glitter sheets. (You will need 3 stars to make each 3D star on the mobile.)
- Medium sized wooden or plastic beads
- Small to medium size metal, wood, or sturdy plastic ring for the hanger (optional)
- Print and cut out star templates
- Decide on a pattern for your stars and how many stars of each color you will need. (You will need 3 stars to make each 3D star on the mobile.)
- Trace stars onto yellow and silver foam
- Cut out stars
- Cut 8 varying lengths of ribbon, including 16 to 19 inches for gathering above the rim and tying at the top
To Make Hanger and Prepare Ribbons
- Feed ribbon through each hole in the frame, pulling through 16 to 19 inches (or amount desired)
- Gather ribbon together at top, loop, and tie a knot to make a hanger. If desired, tie and knot ribbon around a metal, wood, or sturdy plastic ring to make the hanger.
- To keep rim in place, feed a bead onto the ribbon up to the bottom of the frame. Tie a knot in the ribbon to secure the bead against the rim
To Make 3D Stars
- Pick three foam stars and fold them in half lengthwise to create a crease
- Remove the paper backing
- Choose two stars and while keeping the creases in place, match and stick together one arm, one leg, and half of the top point of two stars
- Carefully position the ribbon down the middle of the two stars, and while keeping the creases in place, add the third star. You will match and stick together the left arm and leg of this last star to the left-hand star and the right arm and leg to the right-hand star. Push together in the middle to maintain the creases all around the star.
To Make Flat Stars
- Take two foam stars and remove the paper backing
- Lay the ribbon down the middle of one star
- Attach the second star on top
Repeat with each star, staggering them along the ribbons by color and size
Hang your mobile!