Spool Pig and Piglets
Get ready to have fun making this cute and easy craft! Ham it up with your own pig and piglets who can keep you company on your desk, near your bed or anywhere it’s fun to play!
- Printable Pigs Ears Template
- 2 ½-inch wooden spoon, available from craft stores
- 1-inch wooden spool, available from craft stores
- Pink yarn, I used a wide-strand yarn
- Pink fleece or felt
- Pink craft paint
- Pink 5/8-inch or 1-inch flat button with two holes
- Pink 3/8-inch flat button with two holes
- Paint brush
- Black marker
- Print Pigs Ears Template
- Trace the ears onto the fleece or felt and cut them out.
- Paint the spool with the pink paint
- Let spool dry
- When the spool is dry, glue the ears to the spool, letting the ears stick up over the rim of the spool.
- Wrap yarn in straight layers around spool until the body of the pig is a little bigger than the end of the spool, which will be the face
- Cut yarn off skein and glue the end to the body
- To make the nose, glue the button over the hole in the middle of the spool
- Mark the eyes and mouth with a marker
- To make the tail for the large pig, cut a 4-inch long piece of yarn. Tie a triple knot in the yarn (or a knot big enough to fill the hole in the spool). Then tie a single knot below the first knot. Insert the large knot into the spool’s hole at the back of the pig. Trim the yarn in front of the second knot as needed.
- To make the tail for the piglets, tie a single knot in the yarn and another single know below the first. Insert one of the single knots into the hole. Trim yarn as needed.
Picture Book Review