A print of your pet’s paw makes a cute magnet for your fridge or locker to give you a paw…er, hand… holding those important messages and pictures. Here’s how to do this easy craft with your dog or cat.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Cookie cutter (optional)
- Wax paper
- Strong multi-surface glue or hot glue gun
- Strong magnet, available at craft stores
- Paint (optional)
- Mix the flour and salt in the bowl
- Slowly add the water and mix the dough, kneading it until it is smooth and soft. Add more water if necessary.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick
- Place the dough on the wax paper
- Carefully press your pet’s paw into the dough.
- Place the cookie cutter over the print and cut out
- Bake the paw print at 250 degrees for 1 to 2 hours depending on thickness of dough
- If desired, paint the print, the background, or both
- Attach the magnet with the glue
- Display your magnet