With this craft you can make a little book for your own writing, pictures, or stickers. With a holiday-themed cover, you can use it as an advent calendar or holiday wish list. This little book would also make a fun gift to make for your friends.
- 12-inch by 12-inch sheet of scrapbooking paper – single or double sided
- Decorative scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, or a page of the child’s own writing or drawing
- Stickers, pictures
- Draw a 3-inch border around the edge of the 12-inch by 12-inch sheet of scrapbooking paper. This will make a 6-inch square in the center of the paper
- Draw a line from the top of the paper to meet the left edge of the 6-inch square. The line will be 3 inches from the left side of the paper.
- Draw a 3-inch line from the top center of the 6-inch square to the center of the square
To Cut the Paper
- Beginning with the line at the top of the piece of paper, cut down the left edge of the 6-inch square.
- Cut across the bottom of the square.
- Cut up the right side of the square
- Cut across the top of the square to the line in the center.
- Cut down the 3-inch center line to the middle of the square
To Fold the Pages
- Draw light or dotted lines every 3 inches along the strip of paper
- Starting at the top of the strip, fold the paper on the lines accordion style.
- Make the first fold by folding the first 3-inch section down towards you.
- Fold the second 3-inch section back away from you
- Continue folding the 3-inch sections down and back until the strip is entirely folded
To Make the Cover
- Cut two 3 ½ -inch squares from the cardboard
- Cut two 4 ½-inch squares of from the decorative paper, wrapping paper, or child’s writing or drawing
- Cover the cardboard with the paper, folding the excess paper over the edges and securing with glue
To Assemble the Book
- With the strip of paper completely folded, glue one cover to the top 3-inch square
- Glue the second cover to the end 3-inch square
Fill the book with writing, drawings, stickers, whatever!