Hot! Hot! Hot! Chili Pepper Game
Chili just isn’t chili without a little heat! But can you take 15 chili peppers in your bowl? If you want to win the Hot, Hot, Hot! Chili Pepper Chili Game you’ll have to!
Related Book: Armadilly Chili written by Helen Ketteman | Illustrated by Will Terry
Object of the Game
The object of the game is to collect 15 chili peppers in your bowl before any other player.
- Chili Bowl Game Board (print one game board for each player)
- Chili Pepper Playing Cards (print one page of 15 chili pepper cards for each player and color the peppers)
- 1 playing die
- Any number of players can play at one time. Print 1 Chili Bowl game board and 1 set of 15 Chili Pepper cards for each player
- Give 1 Chili Bowl Game Board to each player
- Place the Chili Pepper Cards in a pile or in a bowl
- Roll the die to see who goes first. The person with the highest roll goes first
- To begin play, the first player must roll a 1, 2, or 3. They should roll until they get one of these numbers.
- Players roll the die and collect or lose chili pepper cards by the number of dots on the die. If you roll a:
- 1 – Pick up 1 chili pepper card and place it on your chili bowl game board
- 2 – Pick up 2 chili pepper cards and place them on your chili bowl game board
- 3 – Pick up 3 chili pepper cards and place them on your chili bowl game board
- 4 – Get a chili pepper card from the player on your left
- 5 – Give a chili pepper card to the player on your left
- 6 – Lose a turn
7. If a player does not have chili pepper cards to give to another player or if the player on their left has no cards to give, the player rolls again.
8. Continue play until one player has filled their Chili Bowl with chili peppers!