Kids can go fishing right at home with this easy-to-make game! With a paper plate pond, a few printable fish, and a few other supplies, kids will be catching a whole lot of fun!
- Printable Colorful Fish Template
- Printable Black and White Fish Template
- Printable Go Fishing! Playing Die (optional)
- A large straw, wooden dowel, or pencil for a fishing pole
- Two 1-inch round magnets for fishing pole
- Paper clips
- Crayons (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Color the paper plate blue
- Print the Go Fishing! Game Playing Die (optional)
To Make the Fish
- Print the fish templates, color fish, and cut out
- Tape a paper clip to the back of the fish or slip a paperclip on the nose of the fish
- If using back-to-back templates, cut fish out, put a paper clip between the sides and glue or tape the two sides together
To Make the Fishing Pole
- Tie a length of string to the straw, pencil, or dowel
- Sandwich the other end of the string between the two circular magnets
- Lay the fish on the plate
- Go fishing!
Optional Game: Kids can roll the die to determine which fish to catch.
Picture Book Review