Little ones love to pretend to go grocery shopping! With the printable game pieces and instructions here, you and your child can fill a bag with items in quantities of one and two and share some math fun!
- Printable Math Fun Is in the Bag template
- One 8 ½” by 11” piece of paper, or your own paper sandwich bag
- Crayons (optional)
To Make a Bag
- Fold the 8 ½” by 11” piece of paper in half and tape on the side and at the bottom
- Your child may enjoy decorating your homemade bag or a paper sandwich bag with crayons
To Play the Game
- After printing the Math Fun Is in the Bag template, talk with your little one about the quantity of items in each picture. Even if your child is not talking yet, they are listening and learning.
- Help your child cut the pictures apart
- Ask your child to find a picture of one banana and put it in the bag
- Continue with the other pictures, noting the quantity of the item
- For older children, print two (or more) copies of the Math Fun Is in the Bag template and have them add two bananas, two cartons of milk, four carrots, and four containers of yogurt to the bag.
- Older children may also enjoy paying for their groceries with pennies in quantities of one or two (or more). Set a price for each item and help children count out the coins needed to pay for them.
Picture Book Review