Sand is so much fun to play with at the beach that you just wish you could bring it home. Now you can! With this easy recipe you can create your own kinetic sand to form or let run through your fingers. It makes a great anti-stress reliever too!
- 1 cup sand
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dish soap
- Water as needed – about ¾ cup
- Bin or bowl for mixing dry ingredients
- Bowl for mixing dish soap and water
- In the bin combine the sand and cornstarch and mix well
- In the bowl combine the dish soap and water until the water is bubbly
- Slowly add the water mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing and adding water little-by-little until the desired consistency is reached. The grain of the sand will determine how much water is needed.
- The sand can be formed with cookie cutters, molds, hands, etc. and is strong enough to stack. Or just let it drip and ooze through your fingers.