Do you ever feel like saying “I love you” to friends, siblings, your parents or others but don’t know how? Here’s a gift you can make that will tell them what is in your heart.
- A clear jar with a lid—you can use a recyclable jar or buy a mason jar or other decorative jar at a craft store
- Red felt
1. Cut red hearts from the felt
2. Add hearts to the jar—you can add as many as you like and even continue to fill the jar after you’ve given it away. Here are some ideas:
- Add one heart for each year you have known your friend
- Add one heart for each thing you love about your friend, sibling or others (write those traits on the hearts)
- Give a new heart whenever the recipient of your jar does something nice for you
- Encourage the recipient of your jar to pass the love along! Tell them they can give a heart from the jar to someone that they have special feelings for.
4. Give your jar to a friend, your parents, your siblings, or anyone who fills your heart with joy.