You can bring the beauty of autumn leaves into your home with this fun-to-make mobile. Use tissue paper, construction paper, or even real leaves to make this mobile, that makes a great pattern and counting activity to do with young children too.
- Paper Plate
- Tissue Paper/Crepe Paper
- String/ Yarn
- Cut out the center circle of the paper plate and use the outside ring as the top of your mobile
- Have children pick out colors. We did a fall theme, but you can really let the kids be creative here.
- Cut out tissue paper or crepe paper into leaf shapes. Adults will have to cut out the bulk of leaves. My six year old was able to cut the leaf shapes out, but was tired after 5. I used about 60-70 leaves.
- Have children organize leaves into patterns.
- Tape leaves together so they overlap.
- Tape chain to paper plate ring
- Tie String or yarn to the top of the mobile