Kids can bring the ice skating indoors with this craft that’s easy to make and gives little characters their own turn to show off their moves.
- Cookie Tin top, or other metal surface
- Small plastic figures or erasers
- Paper clip
- Magnet, ½-inch to 1-inch (the stronger the magnet, the better the skater will work
- Large craft sticks
- Small spools, blocks, or other items to raise up the skating surface
- Poly-fill (optional)
- Hot glue gun or strong glue
- Glue the round magnet to one end of the craft stick
- Set the top of the cookie tin on the spools or blocks to raise the surface and provide room to maneuver the magnetic stick, glue in place if desired
To Make a Skater
- Cut a strip of paper twice as long as your paperclip
- Fold the strip of paper in half and tape the paperclip inside. Tape the ends of the paper closed.
- Glue the figure to the paper
To Play with the Skater
- Place the skater on the cookie tin lid
- Slide the magnetic stick under the cookie tin lid and match up with the skater
- As you move the magnetic stick, the skater will glide and turn
Make more and have a skating party with your friends!