If you have birthdays coming up or plans to give a book or two for Read Across America Day, grab the kids and have fun making this wrapping paper that has a high hands-on coolness factor.
- 1 can of shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Shallow baking tray
- Frosting spatula or regular spatula
- Toothpicks or skewer for swirling food coloring
- White paper, computer paper works well
- Squirt the shaving cream onto the tray in small amounts and spread into a thin layer with the spatula
- Squeeze a few drops of different colored food coloring onto the shaving cream
- With the toothpick or skewer gently swirl the colors. Alternately, gently smooth the colors around and together with the icing spatula.
- Lay a piece of white paper on top of the shaving cream
- Gently pat the paper all over. Do not submerge the paper in the shaving cream.
- Lift the paper up and place on the table
- Let sit for a few minutes
- Scrape the shaving cream off the paper and let the paper dry
- To wrap larger boxes, tape several pieces of paper together
Picture Book Review