Pocket Poem Carrier
Choose a part of your school or work day and write a poem about it. You can even try writing a concrete poem to give more shape to your thoughts! Then make this pocket poem carrier so you can tote your favorite poem with you to show your friends and family—today and every day!
- An old pair of pants or shorts with back pockets
- A decorative shoelace
- Thread or fabric glue
- Your favorite poem or a poem you write yourself
- Cut one back pocket out of an old pair of pants or shorts, including the back of the pocket
- Use the shoelace at its full length or cut to desired length
- Inside each edge of the pocket sew or glue the ends of the shoelace to make a strap
- Print your favorite poem on the paper
- Insert the poem into the pocket poem carrier
- Take your poem with you and share it with your friends!
Picture Book Review