Paper Plate Tree
On Earth Day children love planting trees in their yard or as part of a community project. With this easy craft, they can also plant a tree on their wall or bulletin board.
- Two paper plates
- Paper towel tube
- Brown craft paint
- Green craft paint (using a variety of green paints adds interest)
- Paintbrush, cork, or cut carrot can be used to apply paint
- Glue or hot glue gun or stapler
- Paint the paper towel tube brown, let dry
- Paint the bottoms of the two paper plates with the green (or other color) paints, let dry
- Flatten about 4 inches of the paper towel tube
- Glue or tape the flat part of the paper towel tube to the unpainted side of one paper plate
- Glue the edges of the two paper plates together, let dry.
- Straighten the tree so that it can stand up, or hang your tree on a wall, bulletin board, in a window
Picture Book Review