Every Thanksgiving needs a little turkey—to invite to your party, of course! With this easy craft, little ones can make a decoration or even centerpiece for the family dinner.
- Full-size paper plate
- Toilet paper or paper towel tube
- Paint in yellow, orange, red, and brown (or whatever colors your child likes)
- Small buttons or googly eyes
- Construction paper for the beak in yellow, red, or orange
- Place the tube on the plate so that the top of the tube meets the ring around the edge and mark the bottom for cutting
- Cut the bottom of the plate off at the mark to make the turkey’s feathers
- Cut cubes to paint with from the sponge. Tip: If the sponge is hard, soften with a little water before painting
- Kids paint the feathers by dipping each sponge cubes into a different color of paint and dotting the paint onto the plate. Tip: After dipping the sponge into the paint, dab lightly on newspaper or paper towel to remove a bit of the paint. This helps create the mottled look of the feathers.
- Let Dry
- Make the beak by cutting a small triangle from the construction paper
- If using small buttons for the eyes, the child can color the center black with a marker if desired
- Glue the tube to the center of the plate
- Glue the eyes and beak onto the tube